Screenwriting is an art that combines storytelling with technical expertise, and mastering it can be a lifelong journey. Whether you’re a seasoned screenwriter looking for fresh insights or someone just starting out in the world of scriptwriting, podcasts can be an invaluable resource. They provide a convenient and entertaining way to learn from experienced professionals, gain inspiration, and stay updated with industry trends. In this article, we’ll explore the top 10 best screenwriting podcasts available on Spotify, offering a mix of creativity, education, and industry insights.
Scriptnotes is a must-listen podcast hosted by renowned screenwriters John August and Craig Mazin. Dive into the world of screenwriting and the intricacies of the film and television industry as they cover a wide range of topics. From practical advice on getting your scripts written to discussions on the complexities of copyright and work-for-hire law, Scriptnotes offers invaluable insights for both seasoned professionals and aspiring writers. Stay informed, entertained, and inspired by tuning in to this popular podcast.
The Q&A with Jeff Goldsmith
The Q&A with Jeff Goldsmith is an engaging podcast hosted by Jeff Goldsmith, where he conducts insightful interviews with renowned screenwriters and filmmakers. This podcast delves deep into the creative process, offering listeners a behind-the-scenes look at how some of the industry’s most talented professionals craft their work. Gain invaluable insights into storytelling, scriptwriting, and filmmaking from the experts themselves, making it a must-listen for anyone passionate about the art of cinema.
DRAFT ZERO is your ultimate destination for a deep exploration of the art and mechanics behind exceptional screenplays. Our podcast delves into the intricacies of storytelling for the screen with epic deep-dives in each episode. Our mission? To unearth practical techniques and essential tools for storytellers. If you’re aiming for a touch of sophistication, you might call it ‘narrative aesthetics,’ but rest assured, we keep things down-to-earth and accessible.
Indie Film Hustle Podcast
Indie Film Hustle Podcast – Your Ultimate Guide to Navigating the Indie Film World! Tune in to the #1 resource for insider tips and hacks to excel in the film business. Our mission is to empower indie filmmakers by bringing you engaging discussions with renowned industry leaders, creative visionaries, and film business experts. Past guests have included the likes of 3-time Oscar® winner Oliver Stone, director Barry Sonnenfeld (Men in Black), and screenwriter John August (Big Fish, Aladdin), among many others. Whether you’re an aspiring filmmaker, screenwriter, or just someone passionate about cinema, join the IFH Tribe and let us guide you on your artistic journey. Proudly part of the Spreaker Prime Network.
The Screenwriting Life with Meg LeFauve and Lorien McKenna
The Screenwriting Life with Meg LeFauve and Lorien McKenna” is a must-listen podcast for both aspiring and experienced screenwriters. Hosted by Oscar-nominated writer Meg LeFauve and Emmy-nominated writer Lorien McKenna, this podcast delves deep into the world of screenwriting. It not only offers valuable insights into the craft and business of screenwriting but also explores the emotional rollercoaster that comes with being a creative professional. Meg and Lorien’s candid discussions about the ups and downs of the creative journey serve as a comforting reminder that every writer faces challenges. So, if you’re seeking inspiration, guidance, and the reassurance that you’re not alone in your screenwriting endeavors, “The Screenwriting Life” is the perfect podcast to keep you motivated and passionate about your writing projects. Tune in today and stay committed to your creative journey.
Write Your Screenplay Podcast
Write Your Screenplay Podcast,” hosted by WGA Award Winning screenwriter Jacob Krueger, offers a unique approach to script analysis. Unlike traditional critics who simply rate movies and TV shows, Krueger dives deep into scripts, leaving judgments aside. From beloved scripts to those less favored, he uncovers valuable lessons for screenwriters of all levels. Through insightful breakdowns, you’ll learn the intricacies of storytelling, character development, and plot construction. But that’s not all—this podcast also features engaging conversations with special guests from the industry, providing insider insights and inspiration. Plus, Krueger answers your burning screenwriting questions, making “Write Your Screenplay Podcast” an indispensable resource for aspiring and seasoned screenwriters alike. Join the journey to master the art of screenwriting and enhance your skills with every episode.
3rd & Fairfax: The WGAW Podcast
Explore the captivating world of screenwriting and the entertainment industry with ‘3rd & Fairfax: The WGAW Podcast.’ Join accomplished members of the Writers Guild of America (WGAW) as they delve into their illustrious careers in film, television, and new media. This podcast not only offers a behind-the-scenes look at the journeys of talented writers but also serves as a valuable source of current information about the Guild itself. Gain insights into the ever-evolving landscape of screenwriting and producing, making ‘3rd & Fairfax’ your go-to podcast for staying updated on the latest industry trends and insider knowledge.
The Writers Panel
The Writers Panel: Your Ultimate Guide to TV’s Golden Age – Ben Blacker’s “The Writers Panel” offers an extensive collection of live convention panels and exclusive in-studio interviews with the brilliant minds behind the television shows that have captured your imagination. With nearly 500 episodes and counting, this podcast invites you into the creative world of celebrated writers, producers, and showrunners responsible for the shows you can’t get enough of. Dive into insightful conversations with luminaries such as Vince Gilligan (Breaking Bad), Amy Sherman-Palladino (Gilmore Girls, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel), Keegan-Michael Key, and Jordan Peele (Key and Peele), Liz Meriwether (New Girl), and Damon Lindelof (Lost, The Leftovers). Explore the art and business of crafting exceptional television. Available on Acast.
ON THE PAGE
Explore the world of screenwriting with renowned script consultant Pilar Alessandra on ‘On the Page.’ Gain invaluable insights as she demystifies the art of scriptwriting, providing practical advice and solutions to enhance your script craft. Whether you’re an aspiring screenwriter or a seasoned pro, join Pilar as she delves into the intricacies of storytelling, helping you unlock your creative potential and refine your screenwriting skills.
Screenwriters’ Rant Room Podcast
Screenwriters’ Rant Room” is your go-to source for unfiltered, real-world industry insights hosted by Hilliard Guess, a seasoned WGAw writer, director, and TV/Film producer. With a rotating lineup of co-hosts, including director/writer/cinephile Christopher B. Derrick (known for work on “Star Trek: Picard” and “The Equalizer”), this podcast is a treasure trove of wisdom and entertainment for aspiring and professional screenwriters alike. Hilliard and his co-hosts pull no punches as they share industry bombs, delivering nothing but real talk from real working writers. Whether you’re looking for invaluable advice, hilarious anecdotes, or a dose of inspiration, “Screenwriters’ Rant Room” puts you on game and keeps you engaged from start to finish. Tune in for a candid and entertaining look behind the scenes of the screenwriting world.
In the world of screenwriting, knowledge and inspiration are key to success. These top 10 screenwriting podcasts on Spotify offer a diverse range of perspectives, advice, and experiences from industry professionals. Whether you’re looking to sharpen your writing skills, gain insights into the business side of screenwriting, or simply enjoy some captivating storytelling, these podcasts have something for everyone. So, plug in your headphones and start exploring the world of screenwriting through the power of podcasts.
If you are interested in listening to a variety of podcasts, you may want to check out the best podcasts in various genres such as cricket, true crime, horror, sci-fi, motivational, spiritual, food, parenting, entrepreneurship, for kids, World War II, home automation, learning new languages, starting a podcast, history, finance, cryptocurrency, football, mental health, and wildlife
FAQs about the top 10 best screenwriting podcasts on Spotify
1. What is a screenwriting podcast?
- A screenwriting podcast is an audio program that focuses on various aspects of screenwriting, including writing techniques, storytelling, industry insights, and interviews with screenwriters, directors, and industry professionals.
2. Where can I listen to these screenwriting podcasts?
- You can listen to these screenwriting podcasts on Spotify, one of the most popular streaming platforms for podcasts and music.
3. Are these podcasts suitable for beginners in screenwriting?
- Yes, many of these podcasts cater to screenwriters of all levels, including beginners. They often provide valuable insights and tips for those just starting their screenwriting journey.
4. Do I need to pay to access these podcasts on Spotify?
- No, you can listen to these podcasts for free on Spotify. While Spotify offers a premium subscription with additional features, it is not required to access these podcasts.
5. Are there any specific episodes I should start with for each podcast?
- Each podcast has its own library of episodes covering various topics. To get started, you can begin with the most recent episodes and explore topics that interest you the most.
6. Can these podcasts help me improve my screenwriting skills?
- Yes, these podcasts are designed to help you enhance your screenwriting skills. They offer valuable advice, tips, and insights from experienced professionals in the industry.
7. Are there any podcasts on this list that focus on the business side of screenwriting?
- Yes, several podcasts on this list, such as “Selling Your Screenplay Podcast,” provide insights into the business aspects of screenwriting, including selling your screenplay and navigating the industry.
8. Do any of these podcasts feature interviews with famous screenwriters or industry veterans?
- Yes, many of these podcasts feature interviews with well-known screenwriters, directors, and industry veterans who share their experiences and insights.
9. Can I submit my own screenplay for review or feedback on any of these podcasts?
- Some podcasts, like “The Black List Table Reads,” feature the performance of unproduced screenplays, but submission guidelines may vary. It’s best to check the specific podcast’s website or contact the hosts for information on submitting your work.
10. How can I stay updated with new episodes of these podcasts?
- You can follow these podcasts on Spotify to receive notifications of new episodes. Additionally, you can subscribe to their newsletters or follow their social media accounts for updates and announcements.
Remember that these FAQs provide general information, and it’s a good idea to visit the respective podcast’s website or social media profiles for more specific details and the latest updates.
The Podcasting Research Team is a dynamic and passionate group of young researchers who are dedicated to exploring the world of podcasting. Whether you’re a podcast creator, a marketer, or simply a curious listener, the work of The Podcasting Research Team can provide valuable insights into the trends and best practices in the podcasting world.